To our valued clients and vendors
The COVID 19 global pandemic has created immense challenges for our customers, vendors and employees. As providers of essential infrastructure, we understand that your mission to keep these systems operating is essential to the health and safety of your communities.
To that end, TESCO will continue to work closely with our customers, and has put in place safety protocols to ensure that you receive the products and services necessary to continue operating. Because of the constantly evolving nature of this emergency, our protocols may change with government mandates. With the recent developments, we have moved 250 engineers from working in the office to working remotely.
At TESCO, safely helping our customers to continue providing essential services is our priority.
- TESCO offices and manufacturing facilities are open and operating during normal business hours.
- We are following CDC guidelines for safe work environments.
- Our staff is working both in the office and remotely.
- Team members working remotely use company-issued secure computers complete with end-point protection and connection to our network using a secure VPN.
- When appropriate, our staff is available to work in the field.
- We are coordinating with our customers prior to site visits to ensure process and requirement alignment and safety for everyone.
- Field service representatives have been instructed in safety processes, and are provided safety equipment, following the latest local health authority guidelines and regulations.
- TESCO has systems in place to conduct FAT testing remotely as an alternative to visiting our facilities.
- 24/7/365 customer support is available for emergencies.
Please understand that many of our business protocols have changed. We are limiting any face-to-face activities to essential business activities only. We will be using teleconferencing and video conferencing as the communication method of choice. Please call first before coming to any of our facilities.
Understanding the needs of our customers, vendors, and employees during this time are of utmost importance to us. We are committed to assisting in any way we can to help keep your systems running. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us, and cherish the partnerships we have built together.
Shain Thomas, CEO
The health and safety of our communities, customers, suppliers, employees and their families is our highest priority. We are monitoring local conditions and reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) for ongoing guidance.
Tesco Controls, Inc. operations meet the criteria of an essential critical infrastructure as defined by most governments. While we do not anticipate interruptions to our operations, local governments may require temporary containment measures. In these cases, we comply with local laws, and in most cases seek support from local authorities to maintain critical business operations as an essential business for our communities.